Trim Fat & Tone Muscle in 2weeks
If like 70% of the population, you have been hibernating during winter, it’s now time to get moving, clean out the pantry and see the results. We are just 2 weeks from Spring, so now is the time to Trim Fat & Tone Muscle in just 2 weeks. And we have the plan for you.
CLEAN OUT THE PANTRY
- Clean out the junk: It’s all very well committing to eating less cookies or enjoying more fruits, but unless you change what’s in your cupboards, the chances are you’ll find temptation catching up with you sooner or later. Get rid of products that are overly high in salt, sugar or artificial colourings and preservatives. Soft drink, sauces, biscuits and high-sugar cereals are all likely culprits for a binge. That’s not to say you can’t leave a few treats — but be honest with yourself, and only allow those treats that you know you can maintain control over.
- Restock with healthier foods: At least as important as eliminating junk foods is restocking those cupboards with healthier alternatives. Wholegrains, beans and other high-fibre foods, for example, are central to a healthy diet — and they are often easy go-to cupboard staples when the fridge is bare. If you know you like to snack (and who doesn’t!), you can also explore healthier snack foods like nuts, whole-grain crackers, vegetable chips, etc.
- Reorganize and prioritize: We are creatures of habit and convenience. If cooking becomes too much of a hassle, we are that much more likely to order a pizza. So alongside buying healthy ingredients, make sure you also spend time to organize your cupboards so the good stuff is easy to get to.
- No more excuses: Have you been using the dark, cold mornings as an excuse not to get out of bed? Well we have some bad news, it’s now light by 6 and the jumper only stays on for the warm up. So make sure you start setting your alarm for that morning workout because I know you will find too many excuses by the time your finished work to get your endorphin fix at night.
- Plan your exercise: Nothing gets done without a plan. Even if its just in your head on a Sunday night, think about what exercise you will do for the week. Better still, write it down so you have committed to it and don’t get to Tuesday and forget whether you were meant to be up for training this morning or if it was a rest day.
- Find someone to train with to keep you motivated: It is very easy to hit the snooze button if you are getting up by yourself to go for a run, hitting the park to do a body weight session or hitting the lounge room floor for some stretching. So, make sure you find a friend to train with or join your local group fitness as it’s a lot harder to hit that snooze button when you know you are meeting someone to train with.
- Not sure what exercise to do? So you’ve decided that you want to lose weight & tone up for Summer, but not sure how to do it? Firstly, start out slowly if you haven’t been exercising much. Build up your cardio and strength training over time otherwise you run the risk of injuring yourself. Here are 2 at body weight sessions you can do to help get you started.
Tabata Session – ‘Tabata’ is an intense style of interval training which is great for all over body fitness and toning. Studies show that working your body to its maximum effort for short periods of time and then resting increases your fitness quicker than doing exercises for a longer period of time. So the format for this session is 20seconds of effort, followed by 10 seconds of rest – for 4 minutes. So there will be 8 round of effort.
Push ups 8x(20sec on, 10sec rest)
Squats 8x(20sec on, 10sec rest)
Burpees 8x(20sec on, 10sec rest)
Sit ups 8x(20sec on, 10sec rest)
Sprints 8x(20sec on, 10sec rest)
* 1000m run
10 squat jumps, 10 burpees, 10 push ups, 10 full sit ups, 10 lunges each side
* 800m run
15 squat jumps, 15 burpees, 15 push ups, 15 full sit ups, 15 lunges each side
* 600m run
20 squat jumps, 20 burpees, 20 push ups, 20 full sit ups, 20 lunges each side
* 400m run
25 squat jumps, 25 burpees, 25 push ups, 25 full sit ups, 25 lunges each side
* 200m run
30 squat jumps, 30 burpees, 30 push ups, 30 full sit ups, 30 lunges each side
*remember to seek medical advice before starting any exercise program.