After searching for a healthy muesli bar to make my 1 year old, I decided I would need to make up my own recipe to omit all the nasties. So here it is.
2 cups rolled oats
1 cup chopped nuts (I usually add almonds & walnuts)
½ cup sesame seeds
½ cup pepitas
½ cup sunflower seeds
1 tablespoon flax seeds
1 cup shredded coconut
2 tab spelt wholemeal flour
1 egg whisked
1/2 cup each honey, coconut oil, tahini and peanut butter
Dried fruit – sometimes I add chopped dates or sultanas
- In a small pot, combine the oil, honey, tahini and peanut butter over a low heat, stirring until smooth – or 30seconds in microwave
- Combine all the dried ingredients
- Add the dried mix to the melted butter/honey etc
- whisk egg and add
- Press into a small slice tin lined with baking paper.
- place in oven at 170 degrees for 30 minutes or until slightly golden
- Let cool in tin.
- Remove from the tin and cut into squares.
- It is best to keep refrigerated or frozen.