- 2 cups almond meal.
- ½ cup cocao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda.
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt.
- 100 g butter, melted and cooled slightly.
- 1 egg.
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC and line a baking tray with baking paper.2. Place almond meal, baking soda, cocao powder and sea salt into a mixing bowl and mix together, ensuring to remove any lumps.
3. Add butter, egg and honey into a smaller bowl and whisk to combine.
4. Pour wet mixture into dry mixture and combine until mixture comes together. Sometimes I might add a little bit of wholemeal spelt flour or extra almond meal if its not the right consistency. Using a tablespoon, spoon mixture on to prepared rack and press down to flatten. Continue with remaining mixture, you should be able to make 20 small cookies.
5. Place tray into the oven and bake for 12 minutes. Once cooked, remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly on a wire rack before serving. I usually keep mine in the freezer so I don’t eat them all at once and they are delicious straight from the freezer.